Kellogg Circle NE and Tennesee Road NE
On Tellus Drive off I-75 Exit 293
Our world-class museum is located just north of Atlanta in Cartersville, Georgia and is a fun learning experience for children and adults. Come explore the Earth and search the stars at Tellus!
Open seven days a week, Monday-Sunday 10am-5pm
Galleries and More
• The past, present and future come alive at Tellus. Our four unique galleries are complemented by an observatory and a digital planetarium.
• From dinosaurs to helicopters, there’s something at Tellus for everyone.
• The Mineral Gallery sparkles with gems and minerals from all over the world.
• A Tyrannosaurus rex is one of more than 40 pre-historic animals in The Fossil Gallery.
• A steam-powered locomotive, a helicopter and a jet cockpit showcase the evolution of motorized transportation in the` Science in Motion gallery.
• Kids can become mad scientists and learn about the world around them in The Collins Family Big Backyard.
• Travel the galaxy with a show in the planetarium.
• See the stars in a new light with special stargazing events at the observatory.
The Tellus campus offers a wonderful location to hold banquets, meetings, weddings or other events.
Events at Tellus can take advantage of the Great Hall, banquet rooms, planetarium, theater and outdoor areas. The four galleries are also available for tours during events.
For more information on booking an event at Tellus, contact our director of events at 770-606-5700 ext. 413.
How do I get to Tellus?
Heading North: I-75 to exit 293. At the end of the ramp, turn left. Less than a half a mile on the left will be a Holiday Inn. Turn between the Holiday Inn and the Citgo onto Tellus Drive. Tellus Drive terminates in the museum parking lot.
Heading South: I-75 to exit 293. At the end of the ramp, turn right. Less than a half a mile on the left will be a Holiday Inn. Turn between the Holiday Inn and the Citgo onto Tellus Drive. Tellus Drive terminates in the museum parking lot.