Welcome to Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club… The Ultimate Escape Destination!
Designed by architect Denis Griffiths and listed on Golf Digest magazine's list of four star-rated courses, Georgia Veterans Memorial Golf Course rests quietly on the shores of Lake Blackshear. Expertly placed mounds, water hazards, and plenty of sand bunkers define the holes and enhance the challenge. The Dwarf Bermuda greens are large and sloping and wide Tif 419 fairways wind through mounds and stands of tall loblolly pines. This golf experience is truly the best value in the south.
The course is open daily from 8 a.m. until dusk, with club storage, and tee time reservations are taken seven days a week (recommended on weekends and holidays). To schedule a tee time and learn more about the golf packages, call 1-800-459-1230.Click here to view the course layout. About the Resort
From any vantage at Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club
, the view of 8,000-acre Lake Blackshear certainly is breathtaking. Nestled in the middle of Georgia Veteran's Memorial State Park, just a short two-hour drive from Atlanta, our resort is the ultimate destination for any escape, from an adventurous weekday getaway, to a family reunion, to a romantic weekend, to a corporate meeting.
Guests will find a variety of activities to suit every taste: golfing, hiking, fishing, dining and swimming. The natural surroundings put every guest at ease and in the mood to be creative and productive.
Enjoy a view of the sparkling lake while you enjoy a casual lunch or sunset dinner in Cordelia's Restaurant. After a busy day or when your meeting is over, kick back in EightyEights or drop in for a late night drink. When you're ready to relax, there are choices to fit any mood; golfing, hiking, fishing, swimming...or a workout in our fitness center. Take a leisurely dip in the pool or settle into a relaxing chair on the veranda with a good book. When you plan a meeting or company function, Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club presents a truly unique solution. The natural surroundings will put all of your guests at ease...and in the mood to be creative and productive.
• 14 rooms in the main lodge, 64 villas and 10 lakeside cabins
• 18-hole championship golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, rated four stars by Golf Digest
• Rooms have two work stations each with high speed internet access
• 10,000 square-feet of conference and meeting space, complete with A/V and full catering services
• Full-service marina and Cypress Grill
• Facilities for groups from 10 to 450
• Cordelia's Restaurant, fine dining
• Eighty Eights Lakeside Bar
• Fitness center
• Indoor/outdoor pool
• Nature and hiking trails
• Swimming, boating, fishing and hunting
• Gift shop and golf pro shop
• Executive meeting planner on staff
• Lakeside wedding and event venue
• Professional, imaginative banquet services
• Tailored meeting packages